Nitrogen Tire Inflation
Take Advantage of our Nitrogen Tire Inflation System. Go Green!
Now Available At Douglas Volkswagen! Call Today For More Info!
Nitrogen in tires is becoming a very popular replacement for air, and for good reason. With proper inflation procedures and adequate purity nitrogen can provide amazing benefits. Converting to nitrogen in tires can improve your fuel economy by up to 10% and increase your tire life by 30% or more while dramatically increasing the safety of your vehicle.
High purity nitrogen has been used for decades in Nascar, Formula One, the Tour de France, the US Military and many other applications where safety and economy are paramount concerns. Only the high cost and complexities of generating and properly administering nitrogen have kept it out of reach of the general public. Recent advances in nitrogen production technology have now made nitrogen inflation economically viable for the automotive service industry.
Because we give it away for free! Free nitrogen with every new or used car purchase.
- Better Tire Pressure Retention – The larger Nitrogen molecules are more easily retained by the tire.
- Improved Braking and Handling – Ensuring the recommended contact of your tire on the road by all tires.
- Improved Fuel Economy – As little as 5% under-inflation can increase fuel use by 2%.
- Longer Tire Life – As little as 5% under-inflation can increase tire wear by 5%. Nitrogen use reduces internal aging of the rubber and reduces valve corrosion.
- Cost Savings – Several studies indicate that a 20k annual mile driver can save between $120 and $150 each year!
At the Douglas Auto Group, we believe that these benefits should be part of the Douglas Experience. Therefore…
- All New and Pre-owned vehicles purchased or leased will be delivered to you with Nitrogen filled Tires…WITH OUR COMPLIMENTS!
- Beyond that, if you ever need additional tire pressure we will refill them or top them off each time you are in for service AT NO CHARGE!
- And our current service customers can join this program for a nominal fee (our cost)!